Pick Your Own
We are open for PYO fruit and vegetables from 10:00 to 17:00 every day while summer fruit is in season.
During the autumn opening hours will be reduced.
Strawberries are usually in season from early June to October with peak production in June
Raspberries are usually in season from July to August with autumn raspberries continuing to October
Blueberries are usually in season from early July until the end of August or early September depending on the weather.
Blackcurrants are usually in season from early July to early August.
Gooseberries are usually in season from early July to end of July.
Broad beans are usually in season from June to July.
Mange tout peas are usually in season from July to mid August.
Fine beans are usually in season from July to mid August.
Runner beans are usually in season from August to September.
Sweetcorn is usually in season from late August to end of September.
Autumn raspberries are in season from late August to early October.
Autumn strawberries are in season from August to October
Squash and pumpkins are usually in Season from mid September to end of October
Pick Your Own – How Does It Work?
1) Collect a tub from reception.
2) Check best rows to pick and prices on the board.
3) Enter the field through the small gate near the barn.
4) Pick what you want then return to reception to weigh it and pay.
Frequently Asked Questions:
· How much does a tub hold?
o A full tub is approx. 800g of strawberries or raspberries and is approx. 1kg of blueberries or blackcurrants.
· Can I eat the fruit as I pick?
o No, please don’t. The price of fruit is the same now as it was when we started in 2003 but as all input costs have risen there is now no scope to offer free fruit. If you pick it then you must pay for it.
· How much does a full tub of strawberries cost?
o About £4.50 depending on the actual weight.
· Can I mix different fruits in the same tub?
o Yes, if the price per 100g is the same, otherwise keep fruits with different prices separate.
· If I mix different fruits in the tub and the weight is over 1kg, do I qualify for the reduced price?
o Yes. Pick fruits with different prices into separate tubs.
· Can we take several tubs for our group and combine them at the end?
o Yes. Take enough tubs so everyone can pick into a tub.
· Can I just pick a small amount of fruit?
o Yes. The price for amounts of less than 1kg is on the board.
· Is there an entry fee?
o No, but sometimes there is a minimum spend for PYO and this will be displayed if it applies.
· Is there a toilet or cafe?
o There are no toilets and no cafe but we usually have cold drinks and ice cream available from the barn in the summer months.
· Can we take our dog with us into the Pick Your Own fields?
o No, for health and hygiene reasons dogs are not allowed in the Pick Your Own fields.